Tuesday 12 June 2012

Reviewed: Pamela Mann Diamond Opaque Tights

I recently purchased some Chocolate Brown Diamond Opaque Tights from Essex'ee Legs, an online shop based in Brentwood, Essex, UK.



With the return of cool, wet weather I thought it was time to review some more opaque tights. I am quite keen on diamond and argyle type patterned tights and think they can be quite a smart style to wear under trousers.

Materials and features

The Pamela Mann Classic Diamond Opaque Tights are made from 92% Nylon and 8% Elastane.



In overall appearance they are semi-opaque. The fabric is more opaque, similar to a 50 denier style, at the calf and ankle, but less opaque where more stretched. The fabric has very little shine. The material is very soft to the touch.

The diamond pattern on these tights only reaches up to the brief.

Seams are conventional and there is no gusset. The waistband is 2.5cm wide.



Fit and sizing

The Pamela Mann Classic Diamond Opaque Tights are available in ONE SIZE only.

According to the Pamela Mann size guide, provided by Essex'ee Legs, ONE SIZE tights will fit up to 5'10".

Size wise these tights only just fitted me. They have a generous amount of Lycra and I could get the tights to stretch well, but I think I was getting pretty much to their limit to get them on comfortably. However, I have to say that once on they stayed in place and were a comfortable wear. The brief lacked a bit of depth but was also comfortable

It would be great if Pamela Mann could upgrade this style by offering a deeper brief, larger sizes and flat seams.

Colour range

These tights are only available in two shades: Black and Chocolate.

The Chocolate shade that I tested is a warm dark brown colour.

Price and availability
The Pamela Mann Classic Diamond Opaque Tights cost a very reasonable £5.99.

Conclusion

For the price these tights are a reasonable buy. As a man buying tights I nearly always avoid ONE SIZE tights as, in general, they are clearly not designed for taller wearers. These tights would suit someone smaller than my 5'10".

They were, to be fair, a comfortable wear. I also liked the diamond appearance which can pass for patterned socks when worn under trousers.

The search for diamond opaque tights goes on. I previously tested the Silky 70 Diamond Pattern Opaque Tights and gave them a positive review. I would welcome any other suggestions from readers of diamond opaque styles to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment