Monday 2 January 2012

Reviewed: Trasparenze Cortina 100 denier opaque tights

Since I bought these Trasparenze Cortina 100 denier opaque tights from Legs and Stockings, I have worn and tested them twice.



This is the first time I have tested Trasparenze tights. They are a major Italian hosiery manufacturer and from what I have read, have a reputation for products of very high quality.

I was interested to read this review from a male wearer on the UK Tights website:


"As a 'new to tights' male user I have tried a few brands and the Trasparenze Cortina 100 denier tights have, so far, come out the best, even against tights manufactured for men. They seem to to stay up better than some other brands. I am still experimenting but so far these are the best. Thoroughly recommend them."

Materials and features

These tights are part of the Trasparenze 'Classic' range.

On removal from the packaging, one notices how smooth and soft the material is.

The fabric used is 81% Polyamide, 15% Elastane and 4% Cotton.

The tights are sheer to waist, have flat seams and a cotton gusset. The feet are shaped and have a sheer toe.

There is a generous, wide and comfortable waistband.

The tights are very opaque and the colour density does not weaken much even when one bends at the knee.

The tights have a slight shine.

Fit and sizing
These tights come in four sizes: 1, 2, 3 and 4. Unfortunately the 5-MAXI size does not appear to be available for the Cortina tights.



I tested Size 4 (XL) which, as can been seen on the size chart, goes up to 5'10", which is my height.

I found that the fit was good but the tights would definitely have not have suited anyone taller than 5'10". What I did like was the high Elastane content. This provided plenty of stretch and also made sure the tights fitted every snugly on the leg.

Before wearing for the second time, I gave the tights and good stretch and I found the fit to be better, indeed very comfortable. I spent most of the day walking around a museum with my wife, and the tights also seemed to provide a good level of leg support as well as warmth when we went back out into the cold. As the male wearer quoted above stated, they also do stay up extremely well.

The slight shine made the tights glide well under jeans.

Colour range

These tights are only available in Nero (Black) from Legs and Stockings. However, they are also available in Marrone (Brown) from UK Tights.

Price and availability

These tights normally cost between £10.00 and £12.00 but Legs and Stockings are selling them for a bargain £4.95 reduced from their usual retail price of £11.25.

UK Tights sells them for £8.96.

Conclusion

These tights are excellent quality and are made so well that they would certainly last and wear well.

In terms of sizing, the Size 4 (XL) would be limited to wearers up to 5'10", and in that respect the sizing information provided is very accurate.

I found them to be a very comfortable wear indeed, and I really liked the slight compression feel they provided. The glide under jeans and the lovely dense black colour were also plus points.

I have also since ordered the Trasparenze Sophie Opaque Tights and Trasparenze Debbie Lustre Sheer Tights from Legs and Stockings. Both of these come in the 5-MAXI size, so I will be able to check if those provide a more generous fit.

By the way, I found Legs and Stockings to provide an excellent, quick delivery and UK postage is just £0.99.

8 comments:

  1. This is a terrific review, thanks! Trasparenze has a nicely diverse range of hosiery, with quite a number of attractive conservative patterns. I really wish the Cortina came in Maxi. It's kind of surprising that they don't, given how other opaque tights of theirs do.

    Do you find the Cortina style gives a little more or similar compression compared to the Falke Seidenglatt or Pure Matt 100?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback T4M. Yes, it's a shame that the Cortina is not available in Maxi. I may raise this issue with Trasparenze. I feel a size up would have been a perfect fit, without the need to stretch the tights, which isn't really desirable.

    In terms of compression, I feel the Cortina tights provides more than the Falke styles, but that might also be because I tried a 4 instead of 5 Maxi size.

    Anyway, I hope to have more Trasparenze reviews up later this month, as soon as I receive a further delivery from Legs and Stockings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted the review referred to and I have to say that I still like the tights. I have tried lots since but still regard the Transparenze Cortina as a favourite as they are comfortable and durable and it would be even better if they were available in a greater variety of colours. Gipsy 100 denier tights is another favourite of mine with a good variety of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Brian. Very helpful to have further feedback. The Cortina certainly appear very durable. It is shame they are not available in the 5 MAXI size though. Perhaps you would like to submit a guest review of the Gipsy 100?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brian - just to add, I hope you are stocking up on the Cortina tights with the bargain price they are available for at Legs and Stockings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for letting me know - I will check it out today.

    Would like to do a guest review for the Gypsy 100 tights. How do I submit it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brian - If you do a guest review you can email it to:hosiery4men@gmail.com

    You can keep to this blog's review format or alternatively make one of your own choosing.

    Look forward to receiving it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I believe Trasparenze Cortina is the best opaque pantyhose ever. I am a male wearer and I'm wearing cortina 2 years now. I have stock of 2 brand new packages in my drawer. Your review tells everything! In 2nd rank is the Falke Seidenglatt 70. Believe me I have tried a lot of brands and styles. Trasparenze Cortina is the best for man who likes to wear pantyhose.

    ReplyDelete