Wednesday 8 January 2014

Marks and Spencer tights

I visited a branch of the famous British department store Marks and Spencer today. As always there was an impressively wide selection of tights, all of which are sold under Marks and Spencer's own brand.

Marks and Spencers is probably the store where the vast majority of Britain's women, and a good number of men also, buy their tights.



In recent years, I felt that the quality of their products had dipped significantly, but I can see many signs of improvement to their ranges, including more styles being made in Italy rather than in China.

I have also had some encouraging reports from Hosiery For Men readers about some particular M&S styles

I checked out some of the opaques in the premium Autograph range.





I purchased a pair of the Autograph 100 Denier Luxury Satin Touch Tights. I had some very helpful customer service from a sales assistant when I wanted to check the leg length of these tights. At £9.50 I wanted to be sure that these would be a good fit. I purchased the Black shade in the Large size.

You need to be careful with sizing with Marks and Spencer tights. The Large size fits up to 6'0"; the XLarge fits up to just 5'9".


It would be great to get more feedback from Hosiery For Men readers (male and female) on their experiences of buying tights at Marks and Spencer.

3 comments:

  1. Most of my tights come from Marks and Spencer..... From summer to winter tights...Great comfort.... Quality..... Good value for money if you stock up when the sales are on...

    Wearing these a lot at the moment http://www.marksandspencer.com/Denier-Super-Soft-Opaque-Tights/dp/B001L4KB6W?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_8&nodeId=341278031&sr=1-8&qid=1389219187&pf_rd_r=16T84P21EHJ8VRK1NBZ6&pf_rd_m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=341278031&pf_rd_p=321381387&pf_rd_s=related-items-3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I buy most tights from M&S and often wear the opaque blacks under shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best compression socks, stockings and tights are at The Leg Care Co. Also supply suspenders and skin care. Great service. You can check them out here:
    https://www.leg-care.co.uk

    ReplyDelete