Wednesday 26 May 2021

Introducing Jayne Nicole Hosiery

Jayne Nicole was founded by Jayne Nicole Jeary in Toronto, Canada, to provide 'luxury nude shade hosiery for people of colour'. 

Hosiery For Men recently spoke to Jayne about the brand.



What can you tell Hosiery For Men readers about the Jayne Nicole hosiery brand? When and why did you create it?

I knew the frustration of not being able to find nude shade hosiery in my skin tone was hitting my last nerve, but I was afraid to start, because I did not know how to. Then one day in early January 2016 I was scrolling on Facebook and I saw a post of a motivational life coach talking about procrastination and how it can stop you from going after your dreams. 



To make a long story short I invested in myself and took his course. I jumped in with the tools I was taught and went for it. My laptop and Google were my two best friends. I literally Googled everything and that is when I saw there was not anyone in Canada offering nude shade hosiery in skin tones for all. I found a couple of brands from the US which are sold here that had a deeper shade or two added to their existing collection but far from a range of shades choices like what is offered in their lighter nude shade offerings.

As I researched more, I found only five brands from around the world, mainly in Europe, that offered a beautiful selection of nude shade hosiery suitable for many skin tones. Can you imagine that only five brands globally offer this, as we are here in the 21st century and hosiery has been around since the 1920’s.

I reached out to those brands to see if I could become a sole distributor and sell them here and see if this was something that other women would want or felt the same frustration.

Fast forward I set up an online shop called it Shades Hosiery Club (SHC) and started my market research. I not only sold online but also participated in trade shows, Pop Up Shops, Livingroom Parties, sold them out the trunk of my car, Mass Camps you name it. After close to 2 years of SHC I said to myself this was something that not only I felt strongly about, but others felt the exact same way. And that is when I knew I had to do something about this situation. I had found my purpose which became my passion. I found something that I would be solving a problem to and in my own little way of making the world a little more inclusive.

I closed Shades Hosiery Club in 2018 and Jayne Nicole was born, and the journey began.



In a quite crowded hosiery market, what is unique about Jayne Nicole?

What makes my work stand out and unique is that I have created a solution for People of Colour not being able to easily find and purchase nude shade pantyhose in their shade. My brand caters to the beautiful skin tones of all. And I am the first Canadian, black-owned hosiery business that has created an all-inclusive product available for all skin tones, sizes, and gender.

Also, what makes me unique is that I not only offer the seven stunning shades of luxury nude shade pantyhose. They have incredibly unique names. Each stunning shade is named after some of my favorite self-love affirmations to remind us that we are everything that we say that we are.


I also offer an elevated service. I provide my customers the option to book a 1 x 1 zoom consultation with me, so that I can ensure they choose the best shade match. I also provide tips and care instructions. My aim is to have my customers experience to be as magical as online hosiery shopping can be.

Another thing I offer that sets us apart is our luxurious Jayne Nicole black satiny hosiery gloves. These gloves help to prevent runs and snags from fingernails and jewellery while putting them on. And Jayne Nicole is my passion that has become my purpose. I am trying my best to make wearing hosiery as a super feminine thing to do for yourself, we deserve it. The Jayne Nicole brand stands for inclusivity, equality, and confidence. I am super passionate about helping people look good and feeling confident no matter your skin tone or gender.

 

 Can you tell us more about Jayne Nicole tights and pantyhose? What styles are currently available?

Currently our collections consist of luxurious sheer denier 20 pantyhose that will illuminate all skin tones. They have a wide comfortable waistband, a smooth silky control top panty for body shaping and support, cotton gusset, boarded foot with a sandal toe. They are super transparent for that bare leg look. They are like a second skin, makeup for the legs.



I AM ELEGANT



I AM CAPTIVATING



I AM BEAUTIFUL



I AM GLAMOROUS



I AM EXCUISITE



I AM GORGEOUS



I AM FABULOUS




I AM IRRESTISTIBLE

We also have the Noire Collection of fabulous rich black 50 denier opaque tights. These are natural elegance just like the shade name, I am Elegant. They are the ideal opaque tight offering all the qualities needed for a well-balanced everyday life: smoothness, comfort, and long-lasting wear.



I AM ELEGANT OPAQUE

You told me that the Jayne Nicole brand stands for inclusivity towards all skin tones and genders. Do you welcome guys who want to buy tights for themselves? What kind of customer service will they receive?

Our brand stands for equality, inclusivity, and confidence for all which includes Men. They will receive the same awesome customer service that all our customers do. We offer 1 x1 Zoom consultations for that personal shopping experience to answer all your questions on fit, care and shade selection.



There is always quite a lot of media interest in the subject of tights for men. What are your thoughts about the greater acceptability of men wearing tights and pantyhose?

I think it is about time. People should feel free without judgement of others on how they should dress. It is funny because historically men created this category. Kings would wear tights as a sign of wealth and nobility. Which would later evolve to what we see in the marketplace now for mainly women. I think he can choose to if he so desires.

To men thinking about trying pantyhose and tights, what would you say are the main benefits of wearing them?

I would say they come with many benefits for example. The slight compression helps with blood circulation, they feel incredible, they are a great fashion piece, they make your legs look flawless, they will keep you warm under your trousers, they can protect against chafing between the thighs, prevent blisters from shoe friction and will keep feet dry and reduce foot odor just to name a few.

What are you planning next at Jayne Nicole?

Stay tuned! Exciting things coming.

Thanks for speaking to Hosiery For Men. Readers can follow Jayne Nicole at Facebook and Instagram.

1 comment:

  1. Twitter@whether1112 June 2021 at 23:55

    Hi! It's been a long time since u post your pics in pantyhose last time 4years ago on Youtube! I really hope you can update your videos.. Hope you can see it..

    ReplyDelete