Sunday 15 August 2021

Interview With Male Tights Model Alex Santana

On the blog we recently profiled three brands who were including guys wearing tights in product and marketing imagery.

We featured the brand Brown Skin Essentials, who recruited model Alex Santana to showcase their tights.



We recently caught up with Alex and here is our conversation.

Hi Alex. Can you tell Hosiery For Men readers a bit about yourself?

Hi thank you for having me. I’m 30 years old from Scotland and I’m a hairdresser and aspiring entertainer.



How did you get to model tights for Brownskin Essentials?

I got this opportunity by seeing the advert online and thought it would be a brilliant purpose for a photoshoot. Not long after I applied I was chosen and it was exciting!



What was it like taking part in the shoot?

The experience was amazing it was in a studio in SE London and they selected three pairs of tights for me to wear. The director and photographer were very professional and made me feel at ease being photographed. I loved it.



You have modelled two styles from Brownskin Essentials - the box pant tights and the new sheer to waist tights - how was the fit and wearing experience?

When I was wearing them I had actually forgotten for a split second it was a lingerie shoot! They were so comfortable and the material was soft and fitted perfectly.



Was this your first experience of wearing tights or do you wear them regularly. If so, what style or brands do you prefer?

I have worn tights before in the past but nothing like wearing the tights from Brown Skin Essentials. I got to keep mine also so I have worn them sense. In the past it’s been thermal tights.



Are you up for modelling tights for other brands? You could be in demand!

Absolutely! Sign me up again. I love everything about being in front of a camera. Wearing the tights was the icing on the cake for me and I’d definitely do it again. 

Great to talk to you Alex. Let's hope other brands might get in touch with you.

Brown Skin Essentials
 are consciously aiming product publicity to men. They are disseminating this on their social media channels with the stated aspiration that they "want men to feel as comfortable in their tights as women."



Check out our interview with the founder of Brown Skin Essentials, Kumutha Ramanathan. We also recently featured the new Sheer To Waist Tights from Brown Skin Essentials.

No comments:

Post a Comment